LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD! STAY INFORMED BY SIGNING UP BELOW!
The Bottled Water Matters Coalition reserves the right to communication with signers on issues concerning bottled water and the International Bottled Water Association, but we will not release this personal information to anyone or any third-party organization.
- Water is good for you, and one of the smartest things to drink.
- Water has the lightest environmental footprint – whether tapped, filtered or bottled – of any drink.*
- Turning away from bottled water will not improve water conservation practices, will not ensure adequate funding for public drinking water systems, and will not increase recycling rates.
- Concord is fortunate to have an abundant supply of high quality tap water, but that’s not always the case.
- Less than two days after the Town of Concord first try to ban bottled water in 2010, a major water main break in Boston left more than 2 million people without clean, safe drinking water. Bottled water companies rushed more than 1 million bottles of water to hospitals, schools, nursing homes and communities throughout Boston.
- Outlawing bottled water will prohibit a ready supply of clean, safe drinking water from being available for all those times when people need or want it.
- There’s no one way to drink water. We choose how depending on the circumstances—where we are, what we’re doing, what we’re eating, what tastes best to us.
- Personal choice is the ultimate local control, and you have the right not to choose to drink water in a bottle. Don’t let someone take that choice away from you.